This recipe for homemade Nutella mochi cups is super easy, takes 5 minutes to prepare and is done baking in 20-30 minutes. Mochi bars was a favorite childhood snack of mine and I have been baking the plain version of this butter mochi since I was 14 years old. Over the years, I have been playing around with the recipe and this one made with Nutella is one of my favorites and others seem to enjoy it just as much. This recipe is much fluffier than the original butter mochi. The top layer will be more crunchy, and the inside will be stickier and if you make them in a cupcake pan like I do, it will only makes about 8 mochi cups so can double up on the portions if you want to make more.
- 1 cup mochiko powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate milk (or chocolate almond milk!)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- grease an 8×8 baking pan or a cupcake pan with the oil of your choice (I use coconut oil)
- melt the butter by putting it into a microwave safe cup for 35 seconds
- mix all the dry ingredients into a medium mixing bowl
- add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until there are no clumps
- bake the 8×8 baking pan for 30 minutes or 20 minutes if you are using a cupcake pan
- stick a toothpick in the middle when the timer goes off and if the toothpick doesn’t come out clean, bake for 2-3 more minutes
- cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!